Love it or hate it, email marketing is still one of the more effective ways to get information out to your customers. It routinely performs 62% higher in terms of ROI when compared with other web advertising methods.
What is Email Marketing?
Email Marketing is simply the process of sending promotional or informative emails about your business, frequently via an email newsletter.
Doing it well is a bit more complicated – with your people worldwide now facing email overload (not to mention spam), email marketing needs to be planned and executed carefully:
- Permission – How do you gain and protect your customers’ permission to use their email addresses?
- Attention – How do you stand out in a crowded inbox?
- Legal Requirements – How do ensure your emails meet privacy and anti-spam laws?
- Execution – How do you design and code your emails to be technically sound and reader-friendly?
- Segmentation – Customised communications for different segments of your database.
- Reporting – How do you track your email marketing success – new members, open rates and unsubscribes?
We provide advice, technical solutions, and user testing for all of the above situations to help you get the most out of your current email marketing.
Capturing your Audience’s data
Email marketing needs two things – an effective newsletter, and a list of people to send it to! Of course, they need to be interested people – both current customers and potential customers.
So how do you build up a list? There are lots of options – some of the best are the ones sitting on your website that automatically capture visitor information and let you follow up with email contact or newsletters:
- Collect email details from existing customers and all new customers
- Place a “Sign up for our newsletter” form on your website
- Encourage new people to sign up by offering a special discount, freebie, or advice
- Use an email sign up form as the basis for entry into a competition or giveaway, and add these people to your database
- Ensure that your newsletter makes it easy for recipients to forward to a friend
- Have a paper form in your office or shop where people can sign up for your newsletter